We love travel quotes. As a result we have compressed our personal favourites into one blog post to help you get motivated, inspired and determined to travel. A few may be on the cheesy side, but hey! If cheesy travel quotes don’t get you inspired, we’re not sure what will!
Travellers all share the same passion: A passion for travel. And this for many of us, is what brings us together into one big travel family.
We hope these travel quotes inspire you to pack up your bags, and head out into a world of adventure, to see the world in its natural habitat.
1. “When in Doubt. Travel.” – Anonymous.
2. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag.
3. “Travelling. It leaves you speechless and turns you into a storyteller” – Ibn Battuta.
4. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
5. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” – St. Agustine.
6. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us” – Anonymous.
7. “Travel while you’re young and able. Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be” – Anonymous.
8. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
9. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport” – Anonymous.
10. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama.
11. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Anonymous.
12. “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss.
13. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle.
14. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” – Wendell Berry.
15. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice” – Elizabeth Gilbert.
16. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch.
17. “A journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step” – Anonymous.
18. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener.
19. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor.
20. “It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.” – Anonymous.
21. “We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure.” – Anonymous.
READ MORE: Our Ultimate Bucket List.
22. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury.
23. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain.
24. “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson.
25. “The world is big and I want to get a good look at it before it goes dark” – John Muir.
What are your favourite travel quotes?
Have you got Pinterest? Pin it for later!