Bali party scene is nothing short of amazing, there’s something going on somewhere every day of the week and some of the best nightlife in Bali could be at your doorstep you just didn’t realise! As Bali is such an up and coming destination, it’s no surprise that new bars and clubs are opening quicker than the average place. In the space of 3 months, I witnessed two popular clubs open in the Canggu area, and they’re now one of the go to spots for partying the night away!
There is something for everyone in Bali, whether you like chart music, hip-hop, techno or live bands you’ll find it here in Bali. Generally speaking however, most of the best nightlife in Bali is located in either Seminyak or Canggu (in my personal opinion). Kuta has a huge party atmosphere but I personally find it very trashy, and not the best/safest place to party. It’ll also be full of stag/hen and ‘schoolies’ parties or teenage Australian coming over for the week purely to party. However, if that’s what you’re into by all means head straight to central Kuta, you won’t miss it!
Drinks are getting more and more expensive, due to the increase in tourists. Expect to pay around 25,000-35,000 IDR (1.75-2.50USD) for a Bintang beer and around 80,000-120,000 IDR (5.50-8.50USD). Although, this is cheaper than most Western countries, it is a lot more expensive than other Asian countries like Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
However, if you’re looking for a more locals/travelers guide to the best nightlife in Bali and what day of the week is best to go where, then keep on reading and you won’t be disappointed by these options.
Best Nightlife In Bali By Day Of The Week
Monday: Luigi’s Pizza Canggu
How does partying and pizza sound? The dream right! Well this is the happening spot on a Monday night. Head down to Luigis at around 8pm to grab a table, eat a pizza and dance the night away with locals and a surfer crowd. Drinks are reasonably priced, and keep an eye out for their happy hours.
As Luigi’s shuts at midnight, if you’re still feeling it head down to Sandbar (next to Old Mans) for partying on the beach until the sun rises! Quite a few people may go home after Luigi’s but there still will be a busy crowd down by the beach, just make sure to drive slow and wear a helmet if you’ve been drinking. It’s only about a kilometre but don’t take any risks!
Tuesday: Taco & Tattoo Tuesday at Deus Ex Machina
Deus is literally next door to Luigi’s Pizza right in the heart of Canggu, so you can’t miss it. However, this motorcycle juggernaut is behind one of the coolest hot spots in Bali, dubbed the Temple of Enthusiasm. Tuesday nights in Bali are probably the most quiet in terms of nightlife and partying, however if you’re wanting something a little different head down to Deus and check out Taco & Tattoo Tuesday. Put simply, the first ten people’s names on the board get to have a small tattoo.
Do note however that demand is very high for this so if you are considering getting a free tattoo, here are a few tips I recommend:
- Make a reservation for a table on a Tuesday at 5.30 p.m.
- Create a design. Remember that you will only have max 20 minutes for a tattoo. So simplicity is the key! The tattoos will also only be black.
- Put your order in and get a taco.
Be fast! Spots will be gone within seconds! So better watch the staff!
Wednesday: Old Mans
Ahhh Dirty Ol’ Wednesdays at Old Mans, probably one or if not my favourite night of the week to go out. Think board shorts, flip flops, surfers and just an all round awesome vibe. Every Wednesday they have a live DJ playing some of the best tunes around from electronic to hip-hop to more recent chart songs, this place has something for everyone.
Also, every Wednesday they have a beer pong competition which starts at around 7pm, you’ll need to sign up around an hour before that and have a team of 3 people. Don’t worry if you’re on your own or if there are only two of you as lots of people are in the same vote.
To make the most of this night I’d head down around 5:30pm (I know it’s early for Bali), as there is a buy 1 get 1 free Happy Hour from 5-6pm, you’ll also need to sign up for the beer pong during that time, just chill in the mean time on one of their many seating areas and once beer pong is over dance the night away until it shuts at 1am.
As Old Mans is right next to Sandbar, you’ll expect nearly everyone to head to the beach and continue the party there, do be warned it does get pretty rowdy! If you’re more into deep house/hard techno then opposite Old Mans is Vzletnaya.
Thursday: Pretty Poison
This place is freaking awesome! Not your typical style for a club/bar but if you wanna get down and dirty this is the place to be. Thursday nights here are the busiest and most popular on the whole island. Part skate bowl part club it’s a great place to watch local skaters show off their tricks. Grab a drink, sit by the bowl and watch them either nail or fail their tricks.
This place is super casual, expect to see typical skaters in baggy shirts, ripped shorts and flip flops. So don’t dress up here as you will stand out.
Pretty Poison is located on Canggu’s infamous shortcut – a ridiculously narrow street running through rolling rice paddies, it is easy to miss so I’ve added a Google Maps link.
Secret Spot: Whilst you’re at Pretty Poison, why not check out Canggu’s Speak Easy – Black Cat Mini Mart. As you walk out of Pretty Poison turn left and you’ll see the convenience store. Head to the back of the store and open the fridge that says “Broken”. You’ll see that in fact it leads to an awesome bar with very reasonably priced drinks, if you don’t want to pay the higher prices at Pretty Poison.
Friday: The Lawn Canggu, La Favela or Vault
It’s the start of the weekend, so I couldn’t choose just one as there are a number of different places depending on your type of music and crowd.
The Lawn: Famous for it’s Friday night sesh, and located in-between Echo Beach and Batu Bolong Beach it’s in the perfect location. The Lawn Friday nights go till 1am with half price on cocktails, beers and pizzas from 7pm-11pm and a range of disco, house, RnB and hip-hop tunes. If you’ve decided to go to The Lawn, why not make a day of it? Head there after lunch, relax and work on your tan then after sunset dance the night away! Not to mention, it attracts a very good looking crowded and located right on the beach it is a wonderful location.
La Favela: Definitely one of the favourite clubs (on par with Old Mans), La Favela is located in the heart of Seminyak. Don’t worry if you’re staying in Canggu, it’s only about a 15 minute scooter drive and trust me it’s worth it. La Favela is completely crazy and totally magical, Inspired by the jungles of Bali and Indonesia, the favela’s of Rio to the underground bars and clubs of London and New York through the early 90’s, La Favela is a club you’ll be talking about for years to come. This club gets busy around 11pm and make sure to head up to their new top floor ‘Attika’ which plays techno music throughout the night. Also I should mention you won’t be allowed in with flip flops, singlets or scruffy clothing.
Vault: The new edition to Canggu nightlife. Vault nightclub is located in Berawa and is only open on Fridays (techno/electronic) and Saturdays (hip-hop). As it’s brand new, I personally haven’t been yet but I’ve heard from others that it’s a very popular spot for locals to hang out and with a lock out of 3am, it’s one of the latest closures in the area. It isn’t the easiest place to find, and it’s a bit like a speakeasy, you’ll enter Vault through a dark cavernous passageway, and the bunker door is concealed by heavy red velvet drapes.
Saturday: La Favela, Motel Mexicola, or Old Mans
Another crazy night filled with a few options, however this is what I suggest doing if you haven’t visited La Favela on Friday night.
Motel Mexicola till 11pm then head to La Favela: Motel Mexicola has some of the best Mexican food, make sure to reserve at table as Saturday’s here get pretty hectic. Eat a few tacos, order from their extensive margarita menu then come roughly 9:30pm, the tables will be moved and people will be dancing to Latino music. This place does get busy early, and the venue shuts at midnight, so don’t go too hard as you’ll want to head to La Favela to continue the party. Drive you scooter nearer to La Favela, walk or grab a Bluebird taxi to the club and make sure to arrive before midnight as you may have to queue for a loooong time or may be denied entry as it’s reached capacity (yeah it’s very popular on a Saturday night). Click here to see the route from Motel Mexicola to La Favela.
Old Mans: If you haven’t been to Old Mans yet, I do recommend heading there. It’s not quite as rowdy and busy as a Wednesday night, but it’s still got a great crowd. After there, you can either head down to Sandbar, or if you’re feeling it drive to Berawa for Vault’s hip-hop evening until 3am.
Sunday: Single Fin or Deus Ex Machina
Single Fin: Located in Uluwatu, it is 100% worth the drive or taxi ride over to Uluwatu if you’re not staying there. Single Fin is a beach club high up on a clifftop in Uluwatu with an amazing view over the ocean, right at one of the best surf spots in Bali! The location is amazing to watch the surfers and enjoy a sunset, especially on Sunday afternoons! On Sundays Single Fin has live music, a DJ and of course many, many drinks. This is without a doubt the best nightlife in Bali on a Sunday, and the party goes on till 1am.
Deus Ex Machina: If Uluwatu is a little too far for you to trek, then Deus Ex Machina’s Sunday evenings are you next best bet. They play live music in their ‘backyard’ and change to a DJ afterwards. The atmosphere is chilled like always and this is what makes it such a good place to go party on Sunday evenings. They close around midnight, but the party continues on the beach in Sandbar.
Top 5 Day Beach Clubs In Bali
Bali isn’t just a great nightlife venue, but it has some of the best beach clubs in the world that rival places like Ibiza and Las Vegas. Here are my top 5 favourite beach clubs that you must visit on your trip to Bali:
- Finns Beach Club: If you’re looking for the perfect spot to watch surfers, gaze at beautiful people, plush daybeds, an infinity edge pool, swim-up bar, absolute, stunning ocean views, and decor that is wonderfully unique, you’ve come to the right place! They regularly have international DJ’s playing so keep an eye out for their events. Entrance is also free but if you want a day bed you’ll either need to reserve one of the weekends or turn up early. For a daybed you’ll need to spend a minimum of 1 million IDR per person.
- Potato Head Beach Club: Located in Seminyak, this beach club attracts a more older crowd compared to Finns which has a much younger vibe. I personally love this place as they have a huge emphasis on reducing plastic waste! Get there nice and early (I recommend by 11am) so you can avoid the afternoon queues and bag yourself the best seat in the house for a day of luxe lounging before the sunset show kicks in. It is free to enter, however if you’re arriving just before sunset they now have a 150,000 IDR minimum spend. If you want a day bed it costs 500,000 IDR.
- Omnia Day Club: Omnia is located in Uluwatu, and without a doubt reguarly has the best interntional DJs in the world heading to it’s venue. For example, in April 2019; Martin Garrix, Above & Beyond, Oliver Heldens, Kascade and Claptone all played! Insane right?! The design is unlike anything else on the island, situated high above the cliffs and a super modern decor, this is easily one of the most exclusive and best day clubs in Bali. For events with international DJ’s expect to pay anywhere between 250,000IDR to over 1 million IDR. For regular days of operations, the entrance fee is 200,000 IDR.
- Mrs Sippy Day Club: Mrs Sippy, like Finns attracts a much younger vibier crowd. Although it isn’t located by the beach, it does has some of the most beautiful decor, and the islands largest salt water pool. They have many special offers on including 2 for 1, pizza deals and Sippy Sundays. Each daybed has an 600,000 IDR minimum spend with limited VIP daybeds in prime locations for 1 million IDR minimum spend. Make sure to reserve these online before hand or turn up on a first come first served basis. Entrance fee is 100,000 IDR.
- La Brisa: If beachfront cocktails and shabby-chic tropical vibes sounds like your kinda jam, then turn up and chill out at La Brisa, Canggu’s boho-beanbag beach club on Echo Beach. Gorgeously casual with a chic edge, with seating ranging from beanbags, wooden chairs and daybeds it’s the perfect place to chill out and watch the sunset. Entrance fee is free.
Best Hostels For Party Lovers & Meeting Others
Want the full down low on the best hostels in Bali for party lovers and meeting others? Read my ultimate guide here!
If you’re short on time, here are a few of my favourites:
- Puri Garden Hostel & Hotel (Ubud): If you’re wanting a luxury hostel that has everything, from a swimming pool to free yoga classes to live music then Puri Garden is perfect. Located right in the centre of Ubud, only a few minutes walk to all the shops, cafes and the famous Yoga Barn it’s fairly premium price tag pays for itself ten fold. Click here for the best rate!
- The Farm Hostel (Canggu): Probably the most famous hostel around Canggu, due to it’s friendly atmosphere and modern living. Perfect for digital nomads and those wanting something a little more up market. All their rooms are air-conditioned and have an ensuite with traditional open air shower. Click here for the best rate!
- Capsule Hostel Bali (Seminyak): Winner of the 2016 and 2017 TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, this hostel is hard to beat. If you like to get your party on; you love socialising from dusk till dawn; you’re looking for an international entourage or you just want to kick back, enjoy yourself and see the sights, Capsule is perfect for your stay in Seminyak. Click here for the best rate!
- The Island Hotel Bali (Kuta): With over 1100 reviews and an average score of over 8.5 on Hostelworld, it’s the most popular and loved hostel in the Kuta area. The rooms are priced in a way that allows people of all budgets and backgrounds to come together under one roof. Due to this, it’s designed in a way to create a place that will help you meet new friends, refresh both your body and soul, and most importantly get the most out of your Bali travel experience. Click here to get the best rate!
Remember don’t forget to leave without travel insurance. I always use World Nomads, and personally I wouldn’t choose anyone else as they’re perfect for multi-country travelling, backpacking and have great customer service which is SO important when you’re in a foreign country.
So there you have it, an ultimate guide to the best nightlife in Bali! Have you been to any of these awesome clubs or bars? Or if you have any questions regarding these places do let me know by commenting below.
Do you have Pinterest? Save it for later!