Just like we won the Liebster Award, we’re a bit unsure about what exactly The Versatile Blogger Award is. So alas, we went back to good old google to take a sneak peak!
So What Is The Versatile Blogger Award?!
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognise blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. It’s to honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life, whether its every day or now and then.
So it’s just like the Academy Awards without the fanfare, money, or beautiful gowns!
If you’re nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, you automatically “won” it too. ???? It seems to be a bit like the Liebster Award, like a chain letter and not an actual award.
The Rules Of The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank your nominator on social media and in your post and link back to their blog.
- Share 7 random facts about you that people might not know.
- Nominate up to 10 other blogs that inspire you and you love.
A huge thanks to Carmen & Joe from Pack Your Baguios for nominating/giving us the Versatile Blogger Award! We are really honoured and grateful that you love our posts and photos! As newbie bloggers, we highly appreciate feedback from our readers and fellow bloggers, so getting this award is a big inspiration for us! We struggle every day to grow our blog, and to give you the best photos, travel stories and travel tips that we can!
Ever since we started our blog four months ago, we have found the whole travel blog community to be really inclusive and supportive. We are so happy to feel a part of it!
Our 9 Nominees
We are nominating 9 blogs that we enjoy reading, and give us true inspiration! These blogs have given us some great travel tips on both places to see, things to do, packing, gear, safety, as well as blogging in general. Some of these blogs are fairly new and small, while others have been around for a while and have a lot of readers, but they are all great! ????
You should really check out these amazing blogs (in random order):
- Laura & Tanbay from England/Germany: https://www.travellingweasels.com/
- Kach & Jonathan from Philippines/England: https://twomonkeystravelgroup.com/
- Nicki from The USA: https://eatlivetraveldrink.com/
- Debra from The USA: https://www.travelingwellforless.com/
- Alesha & Jarryd from Australia: https://nomadasaurus.com/
- Hannah & Adam from The USA: https://gettingstamped.com/
- Sarah & Nathan from New Zealand: https://exploringkiwis.com/
- Sanne from The Netherlands: https://www.spendlifetraveling.com/
- Stefan & Sebastien from The UK/France: https://nomadicboys.com/
7 Facts About Us That You Might Not Know
1. Emma used to compete as a national swimmer from the ages of 11 to 18. She was also 2nd in the country for open water swimming back when she was 16. We love to stay fit when travelling, and swimming is a great way for us to do so, either in a pool or the sea. She also met the Queen when she was 13 for her achievements in swimming!
2. Emma has two dogs back home, a Golden Retriever called Harley and a Jack Russell called Worcester. They love walks, biscuits and anyone that comes through the front door! She misses them terribly when she’s at University in Australia and travelling.
3. We both love skiing! Emma actually taught Yannick how to ski in December 2015, as she is a qualified ski instructor. She also managed to get Yannick down a black run, after only a week on the slopes!
4. For the first two years of Emma studying in Australia, Yannick lived in Germany. He flew out to Australia five times in one year to see her. Which is pretty crazy in itself. However, on one occasion he flew from Germany-Abu Dhabi-Johannesburg-Abu Dhabi-Brisbane-Sydney for just 2 nights and flew back the same way, just so he could attend her annual college ball! He’s definitely a keeper 😉
5. Emma has a ridiculous obsession with cheese. It doesn’t matter how strong, nutty, smooth or where the cheese is from, she will literally travel for cheese.
6. Yannick is a seriously good photographer. The fact that he fully taught himself, without any courses, advice or help, it’s pretty impressive. He uses a Sony Alpha 77 and a GoPro Hero 5 to capture all his awesome shots! He’s about to purchase Lightroom, and we can’t wait to add a photography section to our blog to inspire wanderlust!
7. Before Yannick started travelling and blogging, he was a pyro-technician. If you’re unsure what that is, its basically someone who is responsible for the setup, safety and handling of fireworks. Every New Year, he has a huge firework display at his house back in Germany, and its pretty impressive to say the least!
So there you have it! Please click on the links of each of these blogs, they’re awesome! You may not realise how much it means to bloggers to know that someone actually appreciates what we put out there for the world to see. It takes a lot of time and effort, writing, perfecting and styling our blogs so its great that we can all share this together!
Nominees – Don’t forget to follow the rules and pay it forward to some other blogs that you love!
What do you think of our random facts about ourselves? Did any of them surprise you? How about our list of nominees? Please share by commenting below!
Do you have Pinterest? Save it for later!